Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Standing Sushi Bar

In Japan, standing bars are popular, whereby customers go in, order their food and consume them while standing. That is probably where Standing Sushi Bar got their name from. However, don't worry! Seats are still provided at the restaurant where you can enjoy your food comfortably.

What attracted to me to the small little branch situated at Queen Street? Their weeknight promotions!
  Extracted from standingsushibar.com

They offer different promotions on different nights so choose the one that is most suitable for you! Not really a sashimi lover myself, I decided to go on Wednesday night!
Wednesday promotion: 50% off rolls and handrolls!

Here's what I had for the night!

Kappa Maki for $2 after discount!

Spicy Tuna for $4! I originally thought it was cooked... but it came raw. T_T

I orderd TWO softshell crab handrolls! Each handroll is only $3.

Of course, not forgetting desserts! Since I didn't get to eat -much- non-raw food, I decided it was okay for me to pamper myself a bit with some desserts. Hehe. Look at the pretty presentation!
Matcha Cheesecake, $7.90. It was still pretty frozen, which made it taste like ice cream! Yumm~

Regarding the waiting time to be seated, I didn't have to wait at all. There was a crowd, but not much of a queue. On other days where their sashimi is on discount, though, a queue is expected. So if you're going down on a sashimi discount day, try to go earlier!

I believe I would enjoy the place better if I loved sashimi. Nonetheless, I still enjoyed the discounts haha! Left the place saving $16! Oh the discount thrills~

My review:
Food 3/5
Service 3/5
Price 4/5 (can be a bit pricey without discount)

Standing Sushi Bar is actually located conveniently outside Exit A of Bras Basah MRT. However, I got pretty lost because the address stated "Singapore Art Museum". So I was wondering like a lost dog around the main building of the musuem... until I realized it was at the 8Q@SAM side. Do take note if you are not very good at directions like me... OTL

Check them out!
Websitehttp://standingsushibar.com/
Address:
8 Queen Street
#01-03, Singapore Art Museum
Singapore 188535
Operating hours:
Lunch 12pm-2pm
Dinner 6pm-10pm

No comments:

Post a Comment